Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Home Monday









For this instalment of HHM, I chose to work on an area of my house that I rarely/never think about.... my hallway. I have always wanted to hang pics of the kids in the hallway. Walter absolutely despises mix matched frames and pics randomly thrown on the wall, so he has been very resistant to me hanging anything in our very bare hallway. We both like black and white photos and black frames. The color of my hallway is called tuscan and it looks beautiful with the black frames.

This project took some time! I had to select my favorite photos, upload them to CVS and convert each one to a black and white shot. Then the fun part began... putting the pics into the frames. There are almost 100 pics hanging in the frames.

After we had the pics in their frames, we had to hang them. Walt and I avoid doing household projects together; he has a hard time with my perfectionism... I have a hard time with his un perfectionism:). We actually did a good job working together. I guess 11 years teaches you a few things about team work. It's also the first job that we've done and both been happy with. WOOHOO! He even said that I was right. Music to my ears... We liked the hallway so much that we added the white frames to our living room.

happy home making,
erica

3 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Your pictures look great. My husband and I have different styles and ways of doing things too. He likes to get things done quickly, and I'm a little more of a perfectionist and a details person. So I can relate!

~LL~ said...

LOVE IT!!!! thanks for linking up :D

Mommy Spice said...

Looks great!!