Friday, February 20, 2009

Lucy, I'm Home




My Grandmother made a great comment the other day about Nadiah. She said, " I bet if you followed Nadiah around all day and just studied her facial expressions, body movements, and listened to what she said and didn't say(but you knew she was thinking it) it would be like an episode of I Love Lucy or a walking vaudeville act! HA how true it is.
Nadiah is my 3 year old daughter. She is absolutely gorgeous and fabulously intelligent. She's also incredibly stubborn and as quirky as they come!

Yesterday, I followed her around while she played and interacted with the other kids and I. She really is funny. She can't hide how she feels, you can read everything she thinks right on her face! She talks with her hands and it is hilarious, but she gets mad when you laugh at her if she's not purposely trying to make you laugh. She wants to look cute everyday, she gets dressed and takes a matching purse EVERYWHERE we go, but she hates people to tell her how cute she is.

She can add and she's 3...she can't say her ABC's yet. She loves for me to read to her and she knows when I skip some words....UGH! She loves for me to snuggle with her, but doesn't like me to breathe on her or put my arm totally around her. She's totally afraid of insects!!! Music is already her passion(she loves to sing with mommy), but she doesn't like how other people sing. She loves to play outside but hates to get dirty. She completely freaks out when the house is messy, but hates to pick up... she only likes to clean with spray and wipes.

She can hold her own with her brother, sisters, and cousins, but absolutely melts down when kids that she doesn't know well don't play nicely. She loves Dora and Diego, but can't sit still long enough to watch an entire episode. She loves to have her picture taken, but hates to be told when to smile.

This girl is just a series of contradictions!!!
As I was sharing this list with Walt, he said..... "that's because she's EXACTLY LIKE YOU"! What have you done to her?:)"
He is right( I hate to say that)! I have never been able to hide what i was thinking. You pretty much know what I think and where you stand with me by the expressions on my face. Most of the other above crazy things are just like me too, UGH! I don't want my kids to be as crazy or in Nadiah's case crazier than I am:)!

This must explain why she and I have such a strong bond and I'm the only one that truly gets her!!!!

trusting God for him to undo any permanent damage,
erica

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

She's so cute!!!!

I know what you mean about being able to relate to her! My youngest daughter has alot of my "personality" and my husband will make comments like, "She's just like you!" LOL..and I'm like, "Awww!"

Anonymous said...

You have the prettiest kids besides mine that is!!! I am excited about you coming MOnday night!!!!