Monday, March 23, 2009

Making a Happy Home Monday


For my project this week, I decided to make a necklace hanger. I hate how jumbled my necklaces look in my jewelry box and am always nervous that I'm going to break one of they ever get tangled. I saw this somewhere, I think on one of those crafting blogs that I like so much...

Supplies needed:
1 memo board
2 packages of small mug hooks
hammer
nail

I bought my board at Walmart for 4.00 on clearance and the hooks were only .97 each; I love inexpensive crafts! To begin, I decided how I would like to hang my board (horizontally or vertically). I counted my necklaces and made sure that I'd have enough hooks for all of them and spaced the rows accordingly. Then I began by creating holes about 4 inches apart in the board by hammering a nail into the board. Next, it was time to install the hooks....I just used the holes that I created to make installing the hooks easier; I couldn't have done it without making the starter holes first! I hung the board in my closet and hung all of my necklaces up. One really cool thing is that my dangly earrings can hang on the strips of ribbon that are on the memory board.... dual purpose, cute, cheep, and fun.... you can't beat that!

I'll blog about spring break over the next few days.....

erica

1 comment:

~LL~ said...

Hey...that is a CUTE idea....might have to borrow that....someday :) Thanks for linking up.

as far as the blog party, if you just go to my links in that article, it will give you the codes and stuff you need.....you can just copy my article, if you want, and change what you need to.