Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday

Home made Burritos

This recipe is a new family favorite..... especially for the kids.

Ingredients:
1 1 lb bag of pinto beans
salt, cumin, garlic or garlic powder, onion or onion powder
2 cups of shredded cheese
1 package of large tortillas (key to success: buy the store brand of tortillas, they are usually made in the deli and are so much fresher)
Sour Cream
Salsa
Jalapenos

Preparation:
I soak my beans over night and put them in the crock pot in the morning and cook on low. I don't add spices until about 2 or 3. Once all spices are added, turn the crock pot to high for about 2 hours. Pre heat the oven to 375. I wet all tortillas slightly and put them in the microwave just to heat them a little. I use my blender or hand mixer to make the beans the re-fried look. Then, I spread the beans over the tortillas and top with cheese. Fold them up and tuck in the edges.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes turning half way through. Serve alone or with sour cream, salsa, or jalapenos.

My kids even go back for seconds!


enjoy,
erica

2 comments:

momto3_jjj said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try that! Have you ever made them with meat or chicken?

~LL~ said...

YUM~