Monday, November 10, 2008

Creative Writing Winner....


Woohoo! My baby girl (Sarah) won 2nd place in the UIL Creative Writing Competition. She was one of 3 out of 120 second graders selected from Life School Red Oak. They competed against other schools and districts. As if that's not good enough... She also scored higher than any other Life School competitor in any category. We're so proud!!! Micah said that when they announced it over the loud speaker today, he jumped out of his chair; for once he's excited for her.

The funny thing about Sarah is that she is relatively untouched by her successes and intelligence. She was more excited to tell me that her tube fell out of her ear than anything else:).


I love my first born daughter, my baby for 5 years, and the one that will care for me when I'm old!!!!


SHOUT OUT TO Tollesons4him.... She was your's in Pre-K:)

3 comments:

momto3_jjj said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That makes me proud! It also makes me miss LSRO more....Again, tell Sarah how proud the Perkins bunch is for her!

~LL~ said...

awwww....great job, Sass!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo Way to go Sarah! Tell her that Mrs. T is very very proud of her!! Thanks for the Shout out!!