Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Civic Duty

For some of us, voting has become a chore. Not for my handsome hubby! Walt voted for the first time yesterday. He became a citizen last December and is completely enamored with the thought of what a privilege it is to vote. We took the kids (I know... we're idiots for taking 4 kids to vote) so that they could see how important it is to take part in giving us a voice in Washington. It was so exciting.


Walt standing in line looking so yummy!




Walt giving me the eye to stop taking pics!



Walt calling me to tell Micah to stop taking pics while hanging out the window!


I am somewhat anxious about the results of this election, but I am praying "Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven." Call me crazy, but I didn't vote. I won't go until Tuesday. There's something about voting on election day that I love..... even with the long lines:)!

3 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

D.S. had to vote early because he's now in Pennsylvania doing manager training. I actually intended on voting early, but never made it. I have to sub on Tuesday, which means I pick S.G. up from school and go stand in line with everyone else "after work!" Ugh!! I'm nervous too.

Anonymous said...

Tell Walt Congratulations on his first vote. I too am praying hard but I know God is in control and He is with us and will guide and protect His people.

momto3_jjj said...

Congrats Walt! I know how exciting this was for you! I am glad I found your blog!

Miss you!!!