Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

I am going to put my own spin on this fun Tuesday Carnival. I saw it on LL's blog and love her recipes. I do a lot of cooking (5 to 6 nights a week) ; I'm going to ask my family to vote on their favorite food from the week before and I'll post it. I'm sure most will be kid friendly (as the kids will be 3 of the 4 votes). No matter how simple or complex it is.... it's their choice. This week's choice is fun and absolutely kid friendly.

Zesty Tortellini
Ingredients:
  • 2 packages of fresh tortellini or ravioli or 1 large package of frozen (just thaw)
  • 1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 fresh Parmasian Cheese
  • 1 and 1/2 cups of Mozerela Cheese
  • 1/4 cup of Zesty Italian Dressing (light is fine)
  • 1 Can of Beef Broth

Cooking Instructions:
  • Preheat Oven to 375
  • Combine Spaghetti Sauce (after emptying, fill 1/4 with water and shake; poor that in too), Italian Dressing, Beef Broth, 1/2 of the parm and 1/2 of the mozerela in a 13x9 baking dish. Toss in the pasta to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
  • Remove foil
  • Top with left over cheese and bake for 15 minutes.

This makes at least 6 servings and is a sure hit. I think the dressing is the secret.... I always pair it with a salad and some Birds Eye Steamers Broccoli.

Happy Cooking

erica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I will have to steal your recipe from ya and make it for the family.

~LL~ said...

THIS looks totally good. Is this the one you were telling me of when y'all were out here? I will have to try it out! thanks!