Monday, April 13, 2009

Making a Happy Home Monday


I'm so excited; I figured out how to insert the picture for this post! WOOHOO!

I participate in a weekly blog carnival hosted by my good friend LL. Here's the link to her blog so that you can join us... http://as-for-me-and-my-house.blogspot.com/

This is her description of what it's all about....
Hello, y'all. It is time for another "Making a Happy Home Monday." This is a blog carnival that I started a few months back, in most part to keep me accountable to my own job.By posting pictures and doing this every week, I hope to encourage and inspire others to do the same....or something similar. You see, if your home is in chaos (or C.H.A.O.S.), then I just don't see how you can be happy. I know I can't. BUT, it is hard to make myself do stuff sometimes. So, I have decided to focus on one thing at a time. I might only do 1 thing per week...I might do 1 thing per day, but the point is, I'm doing SOMETHING. I try to make certain areas prettier, neater, or more functional.That being said, I would love for you to join me in this. Post some before and after pictures if you can. Describe things you are doing. Give me some ideas of areas I have forgotten about.

Over the next 5 weeks, I'm going to do deep spring cleaning. This will consist of daily projects that I don't do too often but are necessary. So in 5 weeks many projects will be done and my house will again shine. These are the past weeks jobs:
  • Monday: Wipe down all walls in living room and hallway.

  • Tuesday: Wipe all light switches and electrical face plates in house

  • Wednesday: Re-Arrange my room (clean out from under the bed and behind all furniture)

  • Thursday: Clean out file cabinet (my least favorite chore ever!)

  • Friday: Dust all surfaces in house. This means picture frames hanging in hallways, knick knacks, furniture, blinds, light fixtures, shelves, I mean everything.
I really do feel so accomplished after this week. Come back next week for another installment of Making a Happy Home Monday!

happy monday,
erica

3 comments:

~LL~ said...

I love this, Erica....I come here for inspiration...I will "TRY" to follow along....Thanks for linking up.

Anonymous said...

I promise i will pay you really good if you come and do this to my house ;)

More Than Words said...

Hi Erica!! That's a really good, doable list!!! I think I may join you on doing those things daily! It's a good way to upkeep too!!!