Monday, April 20, 2009

Making A Happy Home Monday


I participate in a carnival on Mondays hosted by my friend LL. Here's how she describes it....

This is a blog carnival that I host in which I wish to be held accountable....I need to be held accountable in getting some housework done.I hope to inspire and encourage others to accomplish things around the house. That being said, I would love for you to join me and post about some of your projects.Pick a project...ANY project. Make it big or small. Make it clean, more organized or prettier. Whatever you do, make it happier.....the happiness can filter down into your home.

You can check out what other ladies are doing in there homes by clicking here http://as-for-me-and-my-house.blogspot.com.

I'm in the middle of a series on MHHM where I pick 5 projects each week that I don't do that often. This carnival keeps me so accountable!

Here are my picks for this past week:

1. Organize ribbon tote. This is quite the undertaking! I make hairbows and have 142 bolts of ribbon and 2 boxes of scrap ribbon, glue gun, glue sticks, wire, clippies, hair bands, etc. It took 4 hours to do this; I'm so ashamed!!!

2. Wipe down walls and baseboards in kids restroom. GROSS!

3. Go through "sock basket" sort out everyones socks and throw out or find another use for the non-matching ones.

4. Clean out from under my kitchen sink. UGH! Why do I accumulate stuff under there? I emptied all of the contents and wiped out the cabinets, then I threw out empty or almost empty containers and refilled the cabinets. It looks so much nicer under there now!

5. I had Walter test all of our smoke detectors and make sure that they are all still connected to each other. The man who built our house was an electrician and he installed a cool network of smoke detectors so that if one goes off they all do. We had to replace 3 batteries.

This next list is long and hard! Come back next week and see what's in store:)!

Off to make my home happy,

erica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That 5 projects each week is a great idea, I need to do that!

~LL~ said...

Thank you for linking up....You are an encouragement to me (in more ways than one.)

And, I tested my smoke detectors this morning....go read my blog. LOL!